"Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got." ~Janis Joplin



Good evening everyone and thanks for reading. I want you all to know that the views expressed in this blog are my own and if you don't like them you can stop reading and save your hate mail for someone with a more conventional sense of guilt. That being said, I hope you enjoy my blog and it enriches your perception of life.

Sunday, July 5, 2009

I know why the Caged bird sings....maybe not

I feel I must gain a certain amount of self understanding before I reach the milestone of age 30. I have always known and readily admitted that my opinions and interests wayne in accordance to those of whom I keep company with.

If there is one thing I do know about myself, it's that I am a people-pleaser. I do admit to being vile and non-conformist at times, but when it comes right down to it I just want to make others happy. If I have something someone else wants, I am just as happy giving it away as I am having it. To me it has never been about what you have, but rather who you have.

Maybe it's because I am so relationship focused that I have neglected myself. I have spent so much energy surrounding myself with quality people, that my personal needs and identity got lost in the mix.

Well no more! It's about time I start remembering who I am and get back to who I started out to be. It's corny and cliched but this is my blog and I will say it anyway....I am on a journey of self discovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment